Friday 25 May 2012

‘THE MEANING OF CHILDREN’ E-BOOK FREE on May 25th & 26th!

‘THE MEANING OF CHILDREN’ FREE to download on May 25th & 26th! 

PLEASE SHARE!


"A luminous talent." ~JoAnne Soper-Cook, author of 'Waterborne' and Judge, 2010 David Adams Richards Prize




If you don't have a Kindle, Amazon.com has free apps for phones, tablets, and computers

34 LIKES, 4.6/5 STARS (5 reviews) for 'The Meaning of Children'

Readers call 'THE MEANING OF CHILDREN': "captivating," "pitch perfect prose," “resonates with the sad truth of being a grownup,” “touching without being maudlin, a true literary feat.”

Some recent reviews:

"I can't stop thinking about this book. It's been over a week since I read this collection of short stories and the characters are still with me.

"These are stories about real people, real children, teenagers, adults, in real times. I went through a whole range of emotions when I read them, some good, some not so good. When the child was sitting on the stairs listening to her parents, I was right there with her. When the adult was sitting by the lake contemplating what happened years before and looking at her present day life, I was sitting across from her, doing the same thing. I can't remember a book, let alone a collection of short stories, where I could identify so heavily with the emotions and feelings of the characters.

"As far as I'm concerned, this is what good writing, and a good book, should do for you. Yes, it entertained for sure, but it made me think and remember.

"If you enjoy quality writing and a book that will make you think about where you've been and where you're going read The Meaning Of Children.

"Highly recommended." ~Martin Crosbie on Amazon.com (5 stars)

"Akerman takes you back to the time you were a child. No matter you did not grow up in Montreal or Jewish, the situations, conflicts, joys and fears are universal. Akerman grounds emotions with rich descriptions and a strong sense of place." ~twalker on Amazon.com (4 stars)

"Entering the world of 'The Meaning Of Children' is like wrapping myself in the blanket my grandmother knit for me.I can feel every word, hear every sound, and be taken to a familiar place in my soul. You are a brilliant woman with a great spirit whose writing will resonate with many. Thank you." ~Judith Litvack on Facebook


PLEASE VERIFY "$0.00" BEFORE HITTING "BUY" AT Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/KznFvA

No comments:

Post a Comment